Trauma-Informed Somatic Therapy & Bodywork Training in Singapore (Nov 2023)
Polyvagal Theory in Somatic Applications with Daphne Chua (60 Hours)
- Understand the basic framework of the Polyvagal Theory in trauma-informed facilitation through movement and touch therapy
- Familiarise with the concepts on the embodied experience of our body in relationship with the nervous system
- Learn somatic self-regulation tools and techniques in the context of the different body systems and how they work interconnectively
About the Course
This trauma-informed course will shine a light on our habitual but unconscious neurological patterning that manifests into how we breathe, our posturing, and our reactivity to circumstances. Such neurological patterning arises from our life’s experiences, predispositions, developmentally, as well as conditioning. Our tissues and organs provide the essential components of the patterns from which we weave our personal stories. These stories are then recorded and stored in the templates of our autonomic nervous system in the way we relate to self and others. Our ability to regulate the inflammatory and immune responses, maintain proper organ and metabolic functions, as well as to heal from diseases depend on the proper functioning of our autonomic nervous system.
In this course, we bring together movement, breathwork, and hands-on touch to hone our sensory awareness, and to cultivate a mindful and practical dialogue in healing from pain, injuries, anxiety & stress. We will also learn to assess, facilitate and regulate the different body-mind states using the movement of others through the physiological framework of the Polyvagal Theory (as developed by Dr Stephen Porges), as applied in therapeutic facilitation (Deb Dana).
Who is this course for?
- Individuals interested in a holistic mind-body practice to heal chronic pain, stress & anxiety
- Therapists, Bodyworkers & Healthcare Professionals
- Social Workers, Psychologists, Counsellors, Caregivers & Life Coaches
- Yoga, Sports & Fitness Practitioners
- Dance, Movement & Creative Educators
Date: 15-17 & 22-24 Nov 2023
Location: Yoga in Common, Singapore
Time: 9am - 5pm (except Fridays 11am - 7pm)
Price: S$1,550 (Early Bird closes 1 Oct), S$1,780 (Regular Price)